Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2001 4.3 S10 Blazer light to moderate load misfire

More
1 year 3 months ago #60102 by gnnova
I have a 2001 4.3 S10 that has been kicking my but with a light to moderate load misfire. At idle and heavy load (1/2 throttle and above) there is no misfires. I have replaced or swapped with good, the following parts - New parts were complete distributor, cam sensor, dis cap, rotor, wires, plugs and injectors. Used parts swapped were throttle body with its sensors (TP, IAC), MAP, MAF and Crank sensor. Cam sensor position has been set to 0 and crank relearn pocedure has been perform when needed. I have checked the grounds and have seen not problem with them. None of these changes have fixed my misfire. It is not a real bad misfire but is primarly on Cyl #1 but #4 is second then also some on the other cylinders. It does cause the torque converter to unlock sometimes also. Does not set a misfire code (P300). I performed a smoke test to look for any vacuum leaks and none were found. I am trying to figure out if the misfire is feul or ignition so I posted pic of a snap open thottle I performed with my scope. If someone could look at it and give any thoughts. I circled a few spots that didn't look good.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #60104 by Cheryl
The last one you circled looks like a lean misfire.

More
1 year 3 months ago #60118 by gnnova
Thanks Cheryl. Thought the same thing but I am very new to using an o-scope for automotive diagnostics although have used them some in my job in the electronics field. Anyone have any additional thoughts. I don't understand why CH2 looks like it does being connected to the number plug wire.

Time to create page: 0.299 seconds