Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2004 chrysler crossfire codes

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #60002 by bizz2222
I have a parasitic draw on a 2004 chrysler crossfire I only have 1 active code but 7 stored codes I cleared them all and they came right back here is a picture of codes any advice where to start I would appreciate it also the car runs and drives battery just goes dead over night I'vecheckedfuses fure a parasiticdraw #9 in the regular fuse box was having a draw but now it doesn't but still showing 0.023 military v drop.

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by bizz2222. Reason: To add picture

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #60004 by Paul P.
Using DVOM in series with the BAT Neg and the Neg Cable measuring current while pulling fuses one by one with the vehicle asleep is a good technique for isolating the circuit with an unwanted draw. Pulling fuses can wake up systems and it it necessary to wait for the current to settle.

Here are some excellent youtube videos to learn from as well.

www.youtube.com/results?search_query=parasitic+draw+techniques

An acceptable draw is <50mA

Although you have codes, identifying the circuit will more than likely help with the codes.

If you can identify the circuit, I can assist with a wiring diagram to further help.

Never stop Learning.
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Paul P..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
1 year 3 months ago #60006 by bizz2222
Thank you I'm always trying to learn I used a multimeter in the mv mode and found no draw today I'm gonna check again tomorrow I belive it's in the security system the other day it would go off every 5 minutes and the rear spoiler would go up on its own but couldn't get it to do it again

More
1 year 3 months ago #60009 by Paul P.
Here is the antitheft wiring diagram:

Looks like you can check fuses 25 and 26 the power feeds for the CLPSM for an unwanted draw while the vehicle is asleep.

In your case a scope would be very handy because you could monitor the COM lines for module activity/inactivity. You could possibly
have a module not going to sleep because of a bad input.

But without one at least use your DVOM in current measuring mode in series with the neg Bat cable, wait at least 1/2 hr monitoring the meter till it settles on a fixed number, the car should be "asleep".

To put this car to sleep so it can be worked on, the Doors, Hood, need to be latched. You can google youtube vids on this.

Based on the symptoms you stated I would be very curious to see what these two fuses are doing.

Never stop Learning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
1 year 3 months ago #60030 by bizz2222
Do I use my DVOM with a amp clamp ? I did do a parasitic draw test the fuse I found to have a 200 ma draw on was the #9 fuse, thank you for the great print are these color coated prints free somewhere

More
1 year 3 months ago #60080 by Paul P.

Do I use my DVOM with a amp clamp ?

In series at the battery you can use the DVOM in AMP measuring mode. But in this case since you found a draw across fuse #9, start there in Volts mode with your DVOM!

...are these color coated prints free somewhere?

Unfortunately no these diagrams are from suppliers like ALLDATA, Mitchell, Shopkey, etc. They are subscription based. You can however purchase from www.alldata.com/diy-us/en/diy-repair-information a single use subsciption for a very low price.

The next step would be to unplug both the Siren then the Anti-theft tow sensor. Which one stops the draw over fuse #9 when unplugged?

Looks like you need to remove the wipers and then the cowl to get at the siren and a trim panel at the back for the tow sensor.

Both of these could have green crusties at the connectors because of water intrusion, inspect the connectors carefully.

Never stop Learning.

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds