Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

alternator WAVEFORM 2008 kia sedona

More
1 year 3 months ago #59985 by rx792p77@msn.com
hello everyone, need to see if anyone has a waveform for the alternator for a 2008 kia sedona v6. Im having an issue where the alternator is not charging when in drive with all loads on. There are even moments where alternator output is below 12.5volts even when in drive only, no other loads on. I scoped the blue wire from the pcm to the alternator both at idle and in gear, but i have no reference or info in alldata to tell me how it operates. Once you put it back in park the voltage returns to 14+ volts. Any help here would be appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #59986 by Cheryl
Is there a battery light on? Could just be a smart charge system like Hondas but I’ll look in a wiring diagram. Any waveforms on iatn??

More
1 year 3 months ago #59987 by Cheryl
Any alternator command pids in the scanner?

More
1 year 3 months ago #59991 by rx792p77@msn.com
There was a light on before it died on the customer while driving. I haven’t seen one yet, but like I said in park with no loads it’s charging normally. I just got the battery fully charged today, and still the same. It’s great until you put it in drive. So weird.

The smart charge system I would assume would kick in with a low charge state on the battery though. Seems to be backwards. Unplugging the alternator has the same if not slightly worse results.

More
1 year 3 months ago #59992 by rx792p77@msn.com
I’ve looked through every module for scan date, all I can find is a battery voltage pid. Nothing for command. I don’t even have good service data for theory of operation. The light wire seems to be also the feed back for the IPM, this van has no battery sensor in the wiring diagram, so I dk how it determines state of charge of it is a “smart” system.

More
1 year 3 months ago #59994 by Dtnel
PM me VIN or license plate number, also send ur email address.

I think there's something missing here.

What scan tool you using in case I missed that? Maybe whatever is calling for the load isn't calling for it at times or being taken out?

Do you have wiring diagrams by chance?

IF you buy parts from O'Reilly on business account you can get free wiring diagrams BTW... I pay for ProDemand myself.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds