Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

P2015 Nissan Altima

More
1 year 3 months ago #59955 by scarney
P2015 Nissan Altima was created by scarney
Hi.

Intro:
I have a 2015 Nissan Altima with 102,125 miles. The code is IPDM B20A7-00 code with the following description:
Intelligent Power Distribution Module External Malfunction For Ign : No Sub Type Information.
If I recall, I have had code since the car had around 60,000 miles. I do not notice any drivability problems. I recently did a lot of maintenance, so I am motivated to tackle this now.

What I've Tried:
I can't seem to find much information on this code: I found this website, carkiller.com/scottykilmer/qa/does-this-...hing-to-worry-about/ which indicated a dirty MAF sensor as the cause. The fix was fast, easy, and I like trying things I've never done before. I bought MAF sensor cleaner, cleaned the MAF sensor, and replaced a dirty air filter. I cleared the codes and obviously the code came back. The next fixes indicate changing injectors etc, since I like Paul's don't be a parts changer motto, I'd like to get some more information on how to actually diagnose the issue.

Supplementary Information:
I have attached the BlueDriver report. As well as logging information before and after MAF cleaning. The car is sitting in park, and I revved the engine a few times.

Thoughts:/Ideas
The RPM and MAF reading went down after the MAF cleaning, which if it was dirty I would have expected it to go up. I wonder if the new filter is thicker, different, etc, so its not the only changed variable.

I notice that the long term fuel trim is negative at idle, and goes to zero with any increase in RPM. I'm not exactly sure if a -10% fuel trim is "normal", or if that is a significant finding. If the issue is indeed an injector, I'm assuming it would have to be leaking for the fuel trim to be negative, because the O2 sensor in sensing a false rich condition with unburnt fuel?

My mode 6 data shows a cylinder 3 misfire count of 3. All others(1,2,4) are zero.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Steve
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #59961 by scarney
Replied by scarney on topic P2015 Nissan Altima
Looks like there was an issue attaching the .csv logging files, converting to .txt and reattaching.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: saludamc

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #64304 by saludamc
Replied by saludamc on topic P2015 Nissan Altima
I am having the same issue. Were you able to find a solution?

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #64338 by scarney
Replied by scarney on topic P2015 Nissan Altima
No.  I changed the plugs and interestingly in that cylinder, the plug gap was out of spec, too big.  The other three were fine.  I initially thought that fixed the problem as the code went away for around a month or so.  However, it the code came back.  So it seems the bad plug in the cylinder was either a coincidence, or a result of the code, not the cause.  Would be cool if you pulled your plugs and checked. Let me know if you find anything.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #64339 by saludamc
Replied by saludamc on topic P2015 Nissan Altima
Unfortunately, I had all of the plugs replaced, mainly just because it was stil on the original plugs and I had 120,000 miles on the car. The error code and the cranking delay happened pre and post plug replacement. I will say the delay has improved significantly since running the Techron through the gas for the lat 2 fillups, but the code still reappears on the scan.

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds