Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2004 Ford Escape 3.0 V6 name that hose

More
7 years 6 days ago #9349 by JeffBirt
When changing COPs on my daughter's Escape yesterday I noticed the vacuum hose circled is pretty crusty. One end goes to the intake manifold and the other to some sort of solenoid type device whos function and name elude me. I'm hoping one of you might be able to educate me on what the device is so I can look up the part number. Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 days ago #9353 by Hash Cash
That is the EVAP purge solenoid Note the green cap next to it, which is how you would smoke test the evap system.

More
7 years 6 days ago #9355 by Tyler
I do believe that's the EVAP purge hose, going from the solenoid to the manifold. Dunno what they make it out of, but they always seem to crumble when you so much as look at them sideways. :lol:

More
7 years 6 days ago #9358 by JeffBirt
Thanks guys! I able to look it up, dealer only part from what I could find. Kinda pricey too at $50 to $75 USD. I'll have her keep an yen on it. Surprised me how chalky the outside of it was given that it is not that close to a high heat source.

More
7 years 6 days ago #9361 by Tyler
Yeah, I wouldn't buy that hose, either! :lol: All the Ford purge hoses of that generation were made from the same stuff, but I have yet to see one actually leak.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds