Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

P0452 EVAP PRESSURE SIGNAL LOW CODE ON 2000 GMC 5.3 GAS

More
1 year 4 months ago #59632 by RonSgar
I WAS WORKING ON A 2000 GMC 1500 5.3 WITH A P0452 CODE FOR A PRESSURE SENSOR FAILURE. WHEN I UNPLUGGED THE SENSOR AND CHECKED 5V REFERENCE AND SIGNAL WIRE I GOT 5V ON BOTH. MY QUESTION IS THIS. WITH THE SENSOR PLUGGED IN VOLTAGE ON THE PRESSURE SENSOR SHOW 0 VOLTS. WHEN I UNPLUG THE SENSOR HARNESS FROM THE SENSOR THE SCANNER DATA WENT TO 2+ VOLTS. mY QUESTION IS, THE 2 + VOLTS IT SHOWED AFTER UNPLUGGING THE SENSOR, WAS THAT HALF OF THE 5V REFERENCE ON THE 5 V CIRCUIT? IT THAT A NORMAL CHANGE ON THE SCAN DATA. IF SO THEN JUST UNPLUGGING THE SENSOR WOULD TELL ME THAT THE SENSOR NEEDS TO BE REPLACED. NOT THAT IT WAS TOO HARD TO CHECK VOLTAGE READINGS, JUST CURIOUS WHERE THE 2+ VOLTS CAME FROM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #59638 by Cheryl
It’s a pull down sensor. The pcm sends 5 volts on the signal wire. Just like a cam sensor some are pull up some are pull down. Just have to check the voltage on the signal wire to 3 wire sensors unplugged

More
1 year 4 months ago #59639 by RonSgar
Thanks Cheryl. Just never seen it before. Probably because I’ve never looked at the scan data when unplugged the sensor! Or can’t remember looking at it.

More
1 year 4 months ago #59640 by Cheryl
Paul has a video of pull up and pull down on YouTube
The following user(s) said Thank You: RonSgar

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds