Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

05 Crown Victoria rich on bank 2

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #59607 by Tjstewart
Hello, I'm working on a 2005 Ford Crown Victoria 4.6L. Bank 2 S1 & S2 both have rich pids. B2S1 does not switch until snap throttle. Frequency and voltage through scope is slow doesn't change much. At idle stays flat at .8 volts. Introducing vacuum leak it will switch. Tested resistance of 02 shows in spec. Tried carb cleaner around intake no change in idle. Just to rule it out swapped b1s1 and b2s1 to see if any change. With same result nothing changed. Did a relative compression all cylinders are equal with no difference. But power balance test shows #6 and #8 being the worst contributors. With #5 & #7 right behind. Which are all on bank 2. Cat and injectors are about 8 months old and OEM replacements. Attached is secondary ignition waveforms from #6. I used #1 as reference. #1 waveform is in white. All cylinders on bank 2 look pretty much the same as this. By the data I'm wandering if I have a PCM issue that's driving bank 2 rich?
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Tjstewart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #59620 by Cheryl
Are the injectors all flowing the same on bank 1 and2?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds