Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Light illuminated on dashboard causing a steering and other problems

More
1 year 4 months ago #59407 by davidessiendcarguy
A client complained that when he was on motion is airbag shot. Eventually, he noticed that the smoke was emanating from the engine bay. Hence, he pop-up the hood and saw that the smoke was coming from the ABS module. He called a mechanic to unplug the ABS module connector. Afterward, the connector was connected back. Henceforth, he has noticed that his steering is stiffer to steer. Additionally, he said : "the car isn't moving smoothly as before."

Yesterday, he called and said even the headlight and other lights aren't working again in the car.

The check light appears first, brake light second then finally the P/S light appears. They lights don't come out at once. It's a 2010 Toyota Corolla Le.

Please how do I fix the problem?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #59408 by juergen.scholl
You may want to start with a full system scan confirming communication and possible DTC.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
1 year 4 months ago #59419 by Baraka
On this brand of toyota corolla the abs module plays a vital rule on road performance, I think the general system scan will be the best option on this issue

More
1 year 4 months ago #59507 by davidessiendcarguy
The client is a novice about car and was unable to give me a good explanation. I didn't see any sign of airbag shooting when I saw the car personally. I told him that the airbag is still Ok. He made a mistake in his explanation. The only thing I saw was that the ABS connector was unplugged and headlights were bad in the car.
What i noticed from the car was that when it's first started the RPM raise to about 2,500 and then drops to about 700 RPM on it's own.
Probably there could be a short on the instrument cluster as well because I noticed a blink once after about every 25 seconds throughout idling except the car is shut-off. He said that was how it was when he purchased the car from someone till date.
In addition, the speed clock doesn't raise when driving and the car is intermittently hard to start.
P0335 and P0500 were the only codes I retrieved

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #59553 by shotgun
i would start by following the p0335 and sorting the Crank position sensor/circuit issue first. get the starting and running sorted so i had a stable platform to chase the other issues.
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by shotgun.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds