Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Wiring Schematic Numbers and Labels

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #59243 by Judo64
AllData does not provide any wiring schematic legends to interpret the symbols or numbers.

I am reading the Power Distribution from AllData. There is no help/guidance to interpret what the numbers refer to such as "EBD60" for KIA Soul in their Power Distribution wiring schematic. Attach is a screenshot example.

Where do we go to look up what the numbers and labels mean. I get the wiring color, but 0.3 BR means Brown wire, but what does the "0.3" refers to on the wiring schematic?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Judo64. Reason: Missed words

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #59244 by oic5555
Took a look and found this reference called out on this website: www.auto-facts.org/automotive-wiring-diagrams/

Attached is a snip from the site showing this reference

Hope this helps
Attachments:

More
1 year 4 months ago #59256 by Matt T

I get the wiring color, but 0.3 BR means Brown wire, but what does the "0.3" refers to on the wiring schematic?

Those n.n numbers are the cross sectional area of the wire in square millimeters. Basically the metric equivalent of AWG and backwards to AWG. Bigger numbers are heavier wires in metrique. Kinda helps to know whether you're looking for a skinny wire or a fat one. Other than that ignore it unless you need to bypass a section of harness.

FWIW the OEMs do include a how to read wiring diagrams section in their SI. I don't know whether that will be available in AllData???

More
1 year 4 months ago #59259 by Judo64
Yes, thank you so much. I hope this helps other newbies to the new vehicle wiring schematic. I am old school from Chilton's/Haynes Manual.

More
1 year 4 months ago #59260 by Judo64
I had to search the meaning of "FWIW"--LOL. No, AllData does not provide much details that I could see in terms of wiring schematic legends. As for Original Equipment Manufacture (OEM) maybe it will provide the details about that specific product, but I do not think that much information will be provided on all vehicles in AllData. I watched several YouTube videos where some content creator would provide some information on what they are working on. I guess they have the business account to be able to view multiple cars/trucks. I can only view one automobile per subscription per year. It is expensive for DIY mechanic at home on his/her automobile.

Thanks for sharing1

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds