Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

fuel pump problem?

More
1 year 5 months ago #59159 by sleepless
fuel pump problem? was created by sleepless
Mr. Danner. I have a 2002 Ford E-150 Econoline conversion Van. My question is, will a fuel pump just go bad all at once, or can it show going bad over time? I am not showing any codes for any reason. The van is actually shutting down while driving. Then in a couple of hours it will start and run even as many as 10 days, then shut down again. It's happened twice. Then I checked the relay, and where it lives, and it checked out ok. I can't get to the gas tank to make a test there because of where the connector lives. Again, there are no codes present ever... Someone said it's possible that the Cat could be clogged, and I went to your Youtube site and checked your video's out on Cat problems. I don't have the tools to check the exhaust out but there is no smell coming out of the exhaust. I've been watching you for 5 years now and your videos are awsome Any help would be appreciated. Daniel....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #59168 by Jesus11124
Replied by Jesus11124 on topic fuel pump problem?
Have you check fuel pressure, does fuel pressure drop when you drive, have you load the circuit to check if circuit is good??
Have to check relay or tested relay ???

More
1 year 5 months ago #59173 by sleepless
Replied by sleepless on topic fuel pump problem?
Checked relay found that it was good. I can check fuel pressure and will do so asap. Don't know how to check it while driving, but the van runs good for a few days and then it will choke out and die. I will have to Waite for an hour and then the van will run again for a few days. I can't afford an expensive scan tool, just a cheap OBD reader. there are NO codes an, NO check engine light. One of my questions was does a fuel pump just go bad, or do they give you some kind of warning first. There are 2 power feeds and the grounds needed at the place where the plug lives. I tested it with a test light. I can't check the connector until I drop the gas tank down enough to get to it... Help.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds