Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1989 Ford F350 Dually 460 big block

More
1 year 5 months ago #59108 by Fordsquarebody13
I have a 1989 Ford F350 Dually and it's not getting fuel to the engine. The fuel pumps turn on and everything seems fine but the fuel never reaches the engine. Fuel filter is clean. New in tank fuel pump and new high pressure fuel pump. Checked the inertia switch and it isn't set off so I don't know what it could be. Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #59112 by Dtnel
Have you ran a Pressure test?

BY chance does it start then stall?

Type of line? Metal? IF so check for corroded or pinched line?

Disconnect at the inlet at the carb and see if there's pressure when either cranking or when engine is on as can't recall what type of system this is? Mechanical pump on engine or electric pump?

IF electric pump check each point going forward where there could be a pinched, restricted line.

If a fuel hose style line check for a collapsed internal line.

Most fuel pump pressure test kits can be picked up either at a local parts store, Amazon. Last I did a few years ago prior to the big "C" it was between $44-$50 ish plus the govt as they always always want their cut as well.

Let us know if that checks out for ya.

More
1 year 5 months ago #59116 by Fordsquarebody13
It only starts when you throw starting fluid down it. It has plastic hose for fuel. Electric pump one lp in tank. One hp in line. The fuel never even makes it to the filter. But the in tank pump has been replaced and the in line one has too.

More
1 year 4 months ago #59142 by jimpliss.pliss
I am assuming this is a FI engine.

Use a test light and verify power hot on oen side of all the injectors.

No power means you need to track the 12V hot issue t get power or hot wire the hot side and see if you get fire.

If you have 12 v hot use test ligth to see if your getting injector trigger.

If both of these are working you have fuel pressure delivery issues

More
1 year 4 months ago #59143 by jimpliss.pliss
I am assuming this is a FI engine.

Use a test light and verify power hot on oen side of all the injectors.

No power means you need to track the 12V hot issue t get power or hot wire the hot side and see if you get fire.

If you have 12 v hot use test ligth to see if your getting injector trigger.

If both of these are working you have fuel pressure delivery issues

More
1 year 4 months ago #59148 by Fordsquarebody13
So I got it going again. The idiot that installed the in line fuel pump connected the thing backwards. As in positive to negative and negative to positive. Thanks for all of your help

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds