Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Sentra 2005 Fuel Line

More
1 year 5 months ago #58949 by WV591
Sentra 2005 Fuel Line was created by WV591
I wanted to measure the Fuel pressure on my Nissan Sentra 2005, suspecting a low fuel pressure from regulator that was causing a P0171.
I tried every type of fuel disconnect tool on the market i could get my hands on and none of them worked. as you can see from the picture, the fuel line connect ( right side) sets too far back and can not be pushed in when using disconnect tool behind the lip.
After weeks of trying every tool, I gave up and just replaced the fuel pump which resolved teh P0171 issue.
not sure if NIssan uses a special tool or there is an issue with fuel line that can't be pushed in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #58956 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Sentra 2005 Fuel Line
Nissan does have a specific release tool for those quick connectors. J-45488 is the OE tool, but Assenmacher makes a pretty nice equivalent:

asttool.com/detail_page.php?tool_number=8026

If you can justify it, I highly recommend the 10-pc set (which includes 8026). You never need a line release tool, until you need one. ;)

asttool.com/detail_page.php?tool_number=1018

More
1 year 5 months ago #58958 by WV591
Replied by WV591 on topic Sentra 2005 Fuel Line
Thank you, I hope I'll never need one again because I think something is wrong with that fuel line on right side. It can't be pushed towards the Lip, it won't budge. so I doubt if even Nissan tool will work. the time I ended up wasting on this fuel line..................

More
1 year 5 months ago #58959 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Sentra 2005 Fuel Line

Thank you, I hope I'll never need one again because I think something is wrong with that fuel line on right side. It can't be pushed towards the Lip, it won't budge. so I doubt if even Nissan tool will work. the time I ended up wasting on this fuel line..................

Maybe someone was monkeying around with it before you? :huh: I've been able to get those off using a small pick, way too much time and more than a few swear words.

If needed in the future, you can try using some brake cleaner inside the connector, blowdrying it with compressed air, and applying some penetrating oil. If you've tried all that junk, disregard. :silly:

More
1 year 5 months ago #58960 by juergen.scholl
Before buying the correct tool I fumbled around with the plastic cap of a ballpoint pen. Cutting off the closed end and also cutting open the long side allows to indroduce it and push on the retaining tabs/spring. I works "somehow", the tool is so much of a reliev.

I also often see an easier to handle quick connector further downline.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
1 year 5 months ago #58964 by WV591
Replied by WV591 on topic Sentra 2005 Fuel Line
I bought the car new back in 2005 and it only has 48000 on it. Unless it was a screwup at the assembly line which it is possible. but it has had so many issues in short times. that's the problem with cars not being built and parts not manufactured in Japan anymore or not even USA.they don't even use the chinese parts made for NIssan, and use cheaper substitudes.
my 98 camry made proudly in japan has over 250K and purrs like a kitten.

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds