Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

P020400 2017 Hyundai

More
1 year 5 months ago #58933 by jeoff82
P020400 2017 Hyundai was created by jeoff82
Hey guys really struggling with this code on a Hyundai. Code description is injector 4 open circuit. The injector has been replaced, the engine module replaced and the entire loom from the ecm to the injector pulled out and checked for breaks. Have also check pin tension, carried out voltage checks at the injector etc. Ran through the shop manual, the voltage checks are all in spec. Really can't see anything else left to check. Oddly the code goes straight to history and can never see it active or pending.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #58943 by jeoff82
Replied by jeoff82 on topic P020400 2017 Hyundai
I have 5v on either side of the injector with key on. That's what shop manual says should be there and this is also at the other 3 injectors. It's a diesel BTW and the injectors are peizo type.

More
1 year 5 months ago #58945 by jeoff82
Replied by jeoff82 on topic P020400 2017 Hyundai
Not sure it works like that. I think the ECM controls both wires simultaneously but I might be wrong. When checking with a scope it appears that the voltage goes upto around 80v and back to 0v around 3 times per cycle. The engine cuts out after around 2 seconds of running as this is a failsafe for this code.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds