Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Chrysler alternator

More
1 year 5 months ago #58922 by mikieb
Chrysler alternator was created by mikieb
Hey guys got a 2013 town country 3.6 alternator not charging , found pcm bad customer ask me to by pass with an external regulator alternator works ,but need to see if there's a way to make the alternator light go out. I normally don't do by pass I know Chrysler has problem with this issue I just install a new computer /remains

mikieb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #58923 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Chrysler alternator
So, now it charges with the external regulator, but the MIL/battery light is on for P05XX or P06XX, right?

I think you're gonna have a tough time keeping those lights out. :unsure: It'd involve at least one resistor/substitute load on the field circuit to keep the PCM's circuit monitoring happy. But even then, the system voltage still won't respond the way the PCM expects because of the external regulator. The light may come back on once the PCM realizes it's not in control. When it does, this van will end up back in your lap.

In my (probably unpopular) opinion, this is a bypass repair, and it comes with bypass side effects. Your customer can either learn to deal with it, or repair it correctly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: juergen.scholl

More
1 year 5 months ago #58924 by mikieb
Replied by mikieb on topic Chrysler alternator
yes it charging with the external regulator. Yes I agree with your statement thanks for the insight

mikieb

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds