Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

99 Honda civic DX p0132

More
1 year 5 months ago #58874 by Mineralgrey
Hello, I have a 99 Honda civic DX with the d16y7 engine in it and I'm getting a p0132 code. High voltage to bank 1 sensor 1. So looking at data stream through a scan tool it shows 1.25 volts with key on. I can disconnect the O2 sensor and it still shows 1.25 volts. I had gotten new denso O2 sensors and they ohm out at 16 volts, per spec is between 10-40 ohms. So I tried 2 other ecus and 1.25 volts remains. I made my own harness plug that plugs into the O2 sensor and ran my own wires to the ecu and pinned them in ECU harness plug. There are 3 wires that go to the ecu a white, black and white stripe and black and green and then a black and yellow stripe goes to fuse 15. 1.25 volts remains even when running my own wires. In the Honda flowchart it says to jump wires 3 and 4 at sensor plug and when I do it reads 0 and that says change 02 sensor if it does but O2 sensor ohms out good. Then it says jump the same 2 wires at the ECU harness and when doing that it'll read 0 then too, it says to replace ECU and I've tried 2 other ecus with same result. I've taken all my grounds off and cleaned them up with sand paper. G101 on thermostat and trans to chassis and engine to chassis. I've done continuity checks on the three wires from the sensor plug to ECU plug and they all check out. On first start up it will start pulling fuel trims into the negatives because it thinks the O2 sensor is reading rich and bogs the motor down I think leaning it out. After a little bit of running it , it will clear up and run like normal but sensor 1 stays fixed at 1.25 no fluctuations. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #58875 by chief eaglebear
I'm curious what your fuel trims are at different rpms

More
1 year 5 months ago #58891 by Mineralgrey
Replied by Mineralgrey on topic 99 Honda civic DX p0132
It will kind of come in waves after first start, it doesn't matter too much what the rpms are it'll start pulling fuel till it bogs down and almost died and then it starts over, the negative numbers keep increasing till it almost dies. After driving it for a bit it will clear up and start pulling fuel trims into negative, I'm guessing it's just going to open loop and not reading the O2 sensor because the data stream still shows 1.25 volts. I'm kind of leaning more towards a wiring issue or bad ECU because 1.25 volts shows up with just key on and also when the O2 sensor is unplugged. I've actually pulled the whole wire harness out and inspected the wires. I found 2 wires going under the intake manifold that the coating rubbed off and it was bare wire so I put some heat shrink over those spots and I traced out my wires and they all looked good other than that. I put it back and still showing 1.25 volts. Thanks again for your help

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds