Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2001 express popping under high idle

More
1 year 6 months ago #58857 by Da Beginner
Okay still new to this so am reaching out for help, any help would be greatly appreciated.

So I’m working on a 2002 Chevy express 2500 with the 4.3 L35 motor. Had some issues with the timing. On the scan tool spark degrees reads 18 degrees, put a timing-light on it and it was reading around 18/ 19 degrees. Anyone knows what it should read? Should it be at 0 or close to it

Also when I put the van in Reverse it has a little bit of power, but when I switch to drive the power is low. When I step on the gas like around 2500 to 3000 rpm it makes a popping sound from the throttle body.

Is my timing off? I set it up with the number 1 cyl on the compression stroke and the distributor Rotor pointing at the little arrow. It starts and Idle fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #58869 by Cheryl
Better check fuel pressure. Popping through intake usually is a lean condition.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds