Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2018 Buick Encore 1.4t crank no start after battery died

More
1 year 6 months ago #58824 by PDM
Friend of mine asked me for a jump. Car had sat for 5-6 days then just solenoid click. Battery was at 10v. Didn't check cranking voltage. Hooked up jumper cables and let it charge. Now it's crank no start.

Apparently it had been running rough with a lean code and map sensor code. Map sensor was changed for a new AcDelco part (not original GM) but hadn't been driven since. According to him, there was never a hard start or long crank.

No ecm or tcm codes. I checked cam and crank rpm, ect, iat, maf, and map while cranking. All looked normal. I ran an injector balance even though I didn't have a pressure gauge. All inj fired. I tried cranking again and got a start run stall. Checked fuel pressure while cranking and it held steady around 60psi.

At this point I'm pretty sure the ecm isn't firing the injectors. I unplugged a couple sensors and got a bunch of range and circuit codes so I know everything is communicating. What other input is needed to fire the injectors on a cold start? What other data should I check? I didn't look at engine rpm.

Thanks fellas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #58825 by Paul P.
You stated it cranked, started, ran, and stalled.

Is the security light ON?

Never stop Learning.

More
1 year 6 months ago #58826 by PDM
Only after I ran the injector balance priming the combustion chambers with fuel

I did look for a security light

More
1 year 6 months ago #58828 by Tyler

Only after I ran the injector balance priming the combustion chambers with fuel

Interesting. Maybe try feeding it some alternate fuel into the intake tube? Carb cleaner, brake cleaner, whatever.

If you can keep it running with alternate fuel, then I'd say stay on the fuel path. Look at low side and high side pressure during cranking. Take a fuel sample from the low side system, if possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PDM

More
1 year 5 months ago #58860 by PDM
Sprayed it with carb cleaner and she started. Kept it running enough to get fuel trims and o2. Massive vacuum leak which is what gave him the MAP performance code initially. Needs an intake gasket. Thanks for the help once again
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds