Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

O2 sensors

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #58744 by Fox.b
O2 sensors was created by Fox.b
Hi there.
Bit of a strange one here, guys.
2007 Vauxhall Corsa 3cyl. Petrol.
Came in for an EML: rich code. O2 Sens 2.
New exhaust. New o2 sens 2 already fitted.
Checked scanner- sens 1 good after a few secs, sens 2 stuck at 460mv. If I hold the revs at 3k or so for a few minutes the sens 2 slowly comes to life. Sweet, it's a defective heater in the sens 2. But sens 2 is already new.
I checked 4 wires a sens 2. Ohmed the heater with sens 2 disconnected and it has continuity. Checked wiring with it connected: earth good, 14v on one heater wire and pwm 14 - 0 on the other. Signal wire good. 450mv (on scanner) disconnected. Jumps to 1.3v if jumped to power and goes to 0v if jumped to ground.
Sod it I'll try a new sensor anyway - nope. New one is the same.
On road test, because the revs are high the sens 2 works but if I hold the throttle to the floor for 5 to 10 seconds (high gear so i don't blow the engine) the sens 1 doesn't go rich, it just keeps going above and below 450mv at the normal rate of steady throttle or idle.
Long and short term are around 0.
If I put acetylene in the intake the sens 1 goes rich and with oxygen it goes lean. So the sens 1 is fine that way but not when I hold the throttle down hard on a road test. It just jumps above and below 450mv.
Any ideas??
Also, when I come off the throttle if I rev it (in the workshop) for a few seconds, when i come off the throttle the two sensors read absolute 0v for a second or so. I thought they should never read totally 0v unless they are being grounded, which shouldn't happen. (See pic). Shaking wires did no difference to the signals.
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Fox.b.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds