Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2012 mithsubishi l200 triton wont start with the cam sensor pluged in

More
1 year 6 months ago #58605 by capochichi.abel
hi family good day to every one in here,i have 2012 mithsubishi triton l200 with 4d56 common rail engine it came in to the shop with diesel entry directly to the engine oil drain about 15liters of oil in the engine and also has injectors problem so i decide to take the problems one after the other the i replace the injectors but find it dificult to start the engine no fault code i normal fuel pressure on my live data on the process i dont what brougth me to unplug the fuelrail pressure sensor and the camshaft position sensor since they shared the same visible socket,and the car started,so i have to difrensiate were is my problem i tried to unplug only the cam sensor and the car start fine when replug the sensor the engine dies imidiatly i scope my timing was ok no fault code.could some one please help me to know what next?thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #58609 by capochichi.abel
hi thanks for your income,yes i have 5v refrence and ground the signal wire also has bias voltage 5 volt when unplug.

More
1 year 6 months ago #58610 by capochichi.abel
oh sorry your quetion was if i loose the 5 volt refrence when its plug in,i didnt verify that i assumed beacaus i scope it and has my signer i didnt need to do that thanks i will double check that

More
1 year 6 months ago #58625 by capochichi.abel
When the cam sensor is connected the car won’t start but when I disconnect it the car can now start,and after it start and I reconnect the cam sensor the engine will short down immediately

More
1 year 6 months ago #58627 by capochichi.abel
Did you mean I should replace the cam sensor?

More
1 year 6 months ago #58628 by capochichi.abel
I swapped the cam sensor with the ckp sensor since they are using the same sensor but same problem
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leo94

More
1 year 6 months ago #58633 by capochichi.abel
i swaped the sensor itself not the socket,and then the same problem continue it couldnt start but has good wave form from both and the synchronization of the timing is correct but it wont start exept when i unplug the cam sensor before it start

More
1 year 6 months ago #58640 by capochichi.abel
Ok thanks then I will make order for it

More
1 year 6 months ago #58655 by Desmond6004
Cam timing could be out and the sensors are out of alignment which the ECU picks up when both are connected. When one is disconnected it ignores that sensor and simply runs on what it can see.

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.

More
1 year 6 months ago #58674 by capochichi.abel
Hi families I have already scope the engine to check the timing is well synchronized

More
6 months 2 days ago #63444 by Ismail786
Hi did you manage to find a solution to this problem I seem to be having the exact same issue with my 2011 triton 2.5 did 

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds