Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1993 chevy c/k 1500 sputter

More
1 year 6 months ago #58592 by jerry r
Sputters at fast acceleration off of idle customer replaced the EGR valve, Map sensor, plug wires, IAC, TPS, and distributor. And 02 at WOT seemed to react normally. In other tests I did with the scanner, the pids were limited. I monitored the 02 at different RPMs and checked for duty cycle for the IAC, which seemed to react normally; I checked the TPS with the scanner and lap scop. I did see one glitch on the scan for a second, wasn't able to repeat but didn't see a glitch on the scop screen, checked the EGR solenoid and vacuumed. The solenoid usually responded the reason for testing the EGR was due to code. No other code was present. The only reason I didn't do a fuel pressure test is that 02, when rich at WOT, snapped going uphill. Any advice on which direction to go on diagnostics will be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #58615 by Hardtopdr2
sputtering on acceleration I would double check timing and fuel delivery though injectors i.e., spray pattern, fuel pressure etc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds