Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Any Citroen experts here, app sensor issue after injector prog (I’m from the UK)

More
1 year 7 months ago #58465 by philreed52
Hi everyone.

I’m from the UK so may be a long shot but I’m after some help with a Citroen c4. I’m struggling for a wiring diagram and pin out for the ecu. I need to test the accelerator pedal position as the vehicle is showing a faulty pedal after injector programming. I’ve fitted and programmed a new injector to cure a misfire but now have a faulty pedal. My concern is that the shorted injector has damaged the ecu. Will scope the pedal potentiometer to confirm it is ok but have fired the parts cannon and fitted a 2nd hand pedal (not confirmed good btw)

Thanks
Phil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #58471 by juergen.scholl
You would have to tell us model year, engine/engine management system to get you the correct diagram, wouldn´t you?

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
1 year 7 months ago #58473 by philreed52
My apologies

YF73D9HC8DJ809042
YR63 LZA
2013 Citroen C4 1.6 hdi

More
1 year 7 months ago #58483 by juergen.scholl

Hope this helps, let us know....

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
1 year 7 months ago #58487 by philreed52
Thank you so much Jurgen, that will be a great help. I will scope it on Tuesday and post some waveforms of my results. I suspect the pedal to be faulty but at the moment I’m concerned that the shorted injector has damaged the ecu. Why the French cannot use colours for the loom I will never know….

More
1 year 7 months ago #58554 by philreed52
Following on from this, is the wiring diagram definitely right? It’s hard to tell as I can’t read the codes on the wiring at the pedal. I definitely have a short to positive and I think it’s inside the ecu
At the pedal I have pins
1 purple 9.7v
2 green 4.98v
3 cream colour 4.98v
4 grey 0.003v
5 red 9.74v
6 orange 1.103v

Pins 1&2 3&4 are twisted pairs

Why oh why are French wiring diagrams so poor

More
1 year 7 months ago #58558 by philreed52
I now have access to Haynes pro and the diagram is identical. Please don’t assume my PIN numbers are accurate as I was unable to identify the codes on them

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds