Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2015 Jaguar XJ 3.0 Keeps Popping PCMs

More
1 year 7 months ago #58433 by Donut
Well I've got a live one here, second time this is here with the same problem. Got a 2015 XJ in with cylinder 1 misfires, no action at all from the ignition coil. Already diagnosed and repaired it previously as a faulty PCM that wasn't sending enough voltage to the coil on the control wire to actually fire it. One bank has battery voltage on the control wire and the other bank has less than 1.5v directly out of the module. The control signal itself still looks good, a short square wave pulse, but just nowhere near enough voltage. Upon replacing the module the first time (2 or 3 weeks ago) all coil control circuits had battery voltage signal pulses and no more misfires.

My question is, do these cars suffer the same issues as older Fords (since this does looks like a Ford module) with their ignition systems killing PCMs? We did put a used module in this, but I find it a little hard to swallow that it would have the same fault on the same cylinder only a few weeks after replacing it. Anyone run across something similar to this, or is there a known issue with these modules that I'm simply overlooking?

"Don't ever say 'easy' until the check clears."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #58596 by v12aml
the old ones were denso like toyota with the 4 wire 5v trigger one ground 1 hot and a confirmation signal

the new ones are bosch 3 wire like fords and euro cars right?

my guess is something is tripping a current monitoring system and that control circuit is getting shut down.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by v12aml.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds