Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2015 Chevy Cruze Diesel Cooling Fan Always on No Engine Codes.

More
1 year 7 months ago #58314 by Eli
2015 CRUZE diesel runs the fan constantly even with the key off! I have no codes other than some TPMS Stuff. The car was in a wreck and reassembled by the customer.... Has had this problem ever since. I have power and ground at the fan but no signal.... I'm supposed to have a 12v square wave on the signal wire, correct? is there a relay inside the cooling fan module on these?
Thanks in advance for any help,
Elijah,
2nd Mile Repair

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #58315 by Chad

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
1 year 7 months ago #58316 by Eli
Thanks for the diagram... I Have No Signal coming from the PCM Through the black/Wht wire. My Wire is intact. Does No Voltage=Full Speed? Or should I suspect my PCM.

More
1 year 7 months ago #58317 by Chad
I can't find any information about the PWM signal. But, I would be more inclined to blame the fan control module. Do you have a scan tool to see if the PCM is requesting fan operation? Do you have any DTC's? Do you have a signal generator that you can use to induce a signal to the control module?

More
1 year 7 months ago #58319 by Eli
The scan tool shows the fan motor 11% on.... when I command it via bi-directional controls, nothing changes in the speed. However, with the fan unplugged, the voltage moves when commanded by the scanner. As soon as the fan/module are plugged in, the voltage drops back to zero on the signal line. I don't have a signal generator.... can you recommend a good one?

More
1 year 7 months ago #58320 by Eli
Also, there are some TPMS dtcs, but nothing in the ECM section.

More
1 year 7 months ago #58326 by Chad

The scan tool shows the fan motor 11% on.... when I command it via bi-directional controls, nothing changes in the speed. However, with the fan unplugged, the voltage moves when commanded by the scanner. As soon as the fan/module are plugged in, the voltage drops back to zero on the signal line.

Your problem is the fan/module.

More
1 year 7 months ago #58328 by Eli
Your right! The customer installed the gasser fan…. So it doesn’t even have the right components to be a PWM fan!
Thank you much!

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds