Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

HELP! 1999 Ford Ranger 3.0L U vin, Flex fuel, misfire no codes

More
1 year 6 months ago #58523 by SimplyCircuits
Downstream disconnected and it’s the same.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #58531 by Cheryl
You try resetting the keep alive memory after the things you’ve done to it so far?

More
1 year 6 months ago #58539 by SimplyCircuits
I haven’t after every test early on. But I did after I isolated the intake from the brake booster and in between the past several tests. LTFT’s just slowly climb until they stabilize around 12-15. I’ll reset now and get trims at a higher idle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monde

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #58542 by SimplyCircuits
One note to add. After resetting trims when in OL the truck idles more rough. With load pct around 42. Then smooths out quite a bit once in CL, and load pct decreases to 37. Although I’m attributing that to the higher OL rpm, I thought I should mention it just in case. I’m erring on the side of posting too much info in hopes that something might ring a bell for one of you. Hopefully that’s not too annoying to the folks on here.

Ok. Not what I expected. At fairly steady 3000 rpm’s the LTFT’s are steady around zero. While the STFT’s both start off around zero to negative and fluctuate up as I hold it (30-45 seconds) until the STFT2 is bouncing off of 24. STFT1 is bouncing off of 18-19 I believe. Let off and they return to between 0 and -3. While LTFT’s return to LTFT1 13-14 and LTFT2 16-17.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by SimplyCircuits.

More
1 year 6 months ago #58566 by al514
I have an 01 ranger that only leaks at the booster when pressing the pedal. And its an inside leak at the pedal. I happened to catch it one day. Thought it was a cool find. These trucks just don't like setting misfire codes. Mode 6 data helps

More
1 year 6 months ago #58578 by Andy.MacFadyen
Just catching up on this having been off for a while but have you checked the alcohol content of the gasoline ?

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds