Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

hilux surf 1993 3 ltr diesel turbo

More
1 year 7 months ago #58156 by Regie
hilux surf 3ltr turbo diesel . long crank on cold start . all glow plugs and injectors are fine . once started it fires up no problem . no check engine light so no fault codes . iv checked for leaks on the low pressure side of fuel pump. The hand primer pumps fuel till it goes hard .Should it stay hard once engine has run ? any suggestions please .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #58172 by Rallymechanic
how did you test the glow plugs?
Do the glow plugs get power to them, when glowing them?
The hand primer won't be hard after the engine is switched off, that's normal.
Does sound like a glow plug problem, i would be checking to make sure you have power getting to the glow plugs, and that they glow for 5 seconds.

More
1 year 7 months ago #58182 by Regie
hi thanks for your response . yes def power to glow plugs checked with multi meter , glow plug light on dash turns off straight away with key on and power to glow plugs after about 5 seconds . i checked each one with multi meter still in the head but the power rail disconected on each one . they have continuity and ohm reADING ABOUT 4 OHMS EACH . .They look pretty new . It will start eventully after i turn the key on and off a few times then crank it . once started i attatch a test light to the power rail on the glow plugs and it takes about 45 secs to turn off is this usual on a cold start . this is with air temp about 9 degrees C

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds