Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2006 freestyle

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #8930 by ceasarmobile
2006 freestyle was created by ceasarmobile
tyler got this lemon replaced tranny ...still have speed sensdor code ...speed sensor performace after replacing with new speed sensor runing decent trans was shot...wrench light not going away had codes for trottle but not anymore wrench light come on after driving 2 to 3 minutes after replacing speed sensor .....goes into limp mode when light come on not everytime ,,,,got my scanner hooked save some capture reviewing the movies shopstream notice tps 1 droping off to 1 for about a second is that enough to condemn this trottlebody any input on this will n apreciated thanks

2006 freestyle v6 cvt trans

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #9022 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2006 freestyle
Hey Ceasar! What codes do you have to go along with the limp mode? Might be good for some direction.

I'd be happy to look at those ShopStream captures if you want to send them. wrenchturnsyou@gmail.com. I can't say I've seen many bad Ford throttle bodies, but that doesn't mean they aren't out there!

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #9032 by ceasarmobile
Replied by ceasarmobile on topic 2006 freestyle
thank s .....trans i replaced...but few codes 701.961.871.218.634.730....but use same tcm now i have 716...and can com code
my two choises are try another tcm or trans has to come out ..wrench light or limp mode is caused by my speed sensor acording to mithchel trouble shooter thank you for ur response dont know how to close this topic we can close thanks

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #9053 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2006 freestyle
I'm struggling to find a transmission diagram on this one, but I've got this from the Snappy Troubleshooter:

Looks like the TSS is a good ol' two wire, variable reluctance sensor. Pins 12 and 13 at the trans connector. No wire colors, unfortunately. :( Still happy to look at your scan data when you have a chance to send them!

If P0716 is what keeps coming back, and it's sending the ECM into limp mode, then I'd be watching those two wires closely on the scope. Dunno how often this code comes back, but it'd be really cool if you can reproduce it on a lift. That way, you could scope both wires easily and watch for the problem.

Which CAN com codes are you getting, specifically?
Attachments:

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #9062 by ceasarmobile
Replied by ceasarmobile on topic 2006 freestyle
hey thanks ...its a cvt ft30 tranny...tss sensor it a hall efect and its built into the vb witch is inside tranny alone with tcm,,,vb and tcm one unit found a tcm gonna try it according to mitchel replace tcm tranny runs shits good B) B) B) B)

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds