Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2019 Nissan Sentra 1.8L Transmission fluid level check

More
1 year 8 months ago #57909 by Horace54
Good evening everyone! I would like to check the transmission fluid level on this 19 Nissan Sentra with no dipstick. I checked alldata & it says to check the fluid in between specific temperatures, Shift through gears, and remove inspection plug. I'm doing this job on the garage floor (leveled) but I do not see a inspection plug on this cvt transmission. I would like to just to see if this vehicle fluid level is at the correct without removing the drain plug. I appreciate any help regarding this matter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #57910 by Noah
Like many transmissions today, the drain plug is 2 pieces. The smaller, inner drain plug (#12 on the attachment) threads into a second piece (#13 on the attachment) that is essentially a "stand pipe" inside the pan. Removing the drain plug alone will not empty the pan because the pipe sands up inside the pan, maybe an inch or so.
So by operating the transmission in the range indicated in service information at the appropriate temperature, the fluid level should be at about the top of the pipe.
If the conditions are met and you remove the drain plug and fluid dribbles out, the level is correct. if no fluid dribbles out, then you must push fluid in through the drain hole until it dribbles out.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Noah.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds