Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Throttle body issues

More
1 year 8 months ago #57828 by Saga69
Throttle body issues was created by Saga69
My 2005 Durango limited with 268000 miles is a 5.7 Hemi. It stalls out randomly and frequently with an ETC symbol on my dash but no DTC codes. I have changed out the throttle body the EGR VALVE and it continues to die out on me almost immediately. Sometimes I can get it home by restarting it. But it limps home or coasts because it keeps stalling with the lightning bolt light on my dash. The connector to the throttle body was also recently redone because a previous mechanic had broken the clip that secures the connector to the throttle body. Is the problem the after market parts I had installed or is a short some where in wiring likely to be the culprit? I have heard and read that many people fixed the similar problem by switching out the EGR valve which I did but it is still happening…. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds