Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Nissan Murano Z51 QR25DE (P0335,P0605)

More
1 year 8 months ago #57790 by Saed
Hi all,
My friend has a Nissan Murano Z51 QR25DE it has been sitting for about a year now, on average it starts once every 10 times of cranking.
Trouble codes: P0335 CKP sensor circuit, P0605 Internal Control Module ROM Error.

-Both Cam and Crank sensors have been replaced with new aftermarket sensors.
-ECU has been replaced with a working second hand one.
-Wiring visually checked from ECU to the cam & crank sensors, continuity test okay.
-5 Volts reference is present KOEO

How it all started.
The car had a seized AC compressor last year and the owner tried to crank it a few times but the engine wouldn't crank, after replacing the AC compressor, car started and the problem started. after replacing both cam and crank sensors, the ECU was replaced but not programmed, it still had the same symptoms and same code still starts once in a while.

I've checked the cam and crank wave form and something looks really odd (photos attached), I'm no expert when it comes to scopes but there seems to be a lot of spikes when the starter operates and for some reason the pattern is not even, also the supply goes up to 9 volts sometimes.

I have no clue of what to check next, I also couldn't find a wiring diagram for the Z51 2.5L :(

If anyone has any sort of advice of where to go from here, please post your ideas. Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #57982 by Rallymechanic
a quick thought, would be check the engine earths.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 year 8 months ago #57984 by Noah
What is the year?

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
1 year 8 months ago #57994 by Saed
Hi, it's a 2009

More
1 year 8 months ago #57995 by Saed
Thanks for your response. will check the grounds with a light bulb to make sure they're good enough

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds