Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

dies cut out

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #57631 by mikieb
dies cut out was created by mikieb
ok guys I have a stumper for me 2010 GMC traverse 3.6 liter (codes at one time is for timing chains cleared but has not came back after three days of driving/ crank sensor codes (replace sensor, didn't fix the problem)all the code came once but has not came back sense cleared . hi fuel pressure is above 600 when acts up low pressure good too. no miss fires
Customer states when it dies (acts up)he has to keep his foot on the accelerator pedal above 2500 rpm if not it will shout off(cut out) it will start right back up, and it cuts out (acts up) and dies if he does not keep it above 25k. customer concern is correct no codes at time of problem.
all I get is a timing chain rattles in the morning. Question can the chains be causing the engine to cut off ???? my thinking is possible if the chain loose enough tries to phase and phasing to much maybe cause this just not sure??? need some insight THANKS IN ADVANCE.

mikieb
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by mikieb. Reason: Updating

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #57645 by Hardtopdr2
Replied by Hardtopdr2 on topic dies cut out
Pull valve covers and check chains on bothe sides of cam sprockets if loose then yes I would say chains have an issue. Also check maf sensor for debris and clean. Then check signal output and hertz reading to see if there is drop outs or glitches. What's the mileage on car? Was the timing chains replaced? What codes did you have? please list all of them.

Also what is map sensor reading at idle as well as key on engine off and general location of the vehicle (to determine what map sensor readings should be for that location
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Hardtopdr2.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #57646 by mikieb
Replied by mikieb on topic dies cut out
Crank code was p0335or p0336??? CRANK SENSOR P0017/p0008 ?? Not a hundred percent on the codes i save them at the shop Don't remember the other two but they was related to chain?? odom184262 the codes have not returned yet (4days) and over 20mile just rattles in the morning that what I was trying to decide is the chains bad enough to say that will cause the running issue or do I have two problems I have not scoped the Mas sensor it will not idle good enough when it acts up looking at the scanner says Mas doesn't glitch out fuel pressure good 450ies at the best when I can keep it running 70ies low side.( just for whatever customer had used mass in back seat I installed it no good)

mikieb
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by mikieb.

More
1 year 8 months ago #57771 by mikieb
OK thanks for the one reply boss says stop for now and talk to customer and see how far he's willing to go, we know he has timing chain problems and battery;starter issue . Start there. Again thank for the reply

mikieb

More
1 year 8 months ago #58059 by mikieb
Update on the 3.6 equinox customer authorized to pull the engine a week ago just got to it today and it's not good the had been starving for oil and it broke one of the reluctant ring off bank 1 intake phaser and all the phaser will not lock (I can move the phaser 1/8 before the cams move ) we will recommend motor but you all know how that may end up thanks for the insight

mikieb

More
1 year 8 months ago #58060 by Hardtopdr2
Replied by Hardtopdr2 on topic dies cut out
Sorry for the late reply been pretty busy lately. Good to hear you found the problem

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds