Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2012 Jeep Compass

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #57484 by SK
2012 Jeep Compass was created by SK
2012 Jeep Compass, 2.4L engine, no check engine light, scan PCM, "No faults". Engine runs just fine.

Pull up live data, and it's showing the crankshaft sensor is out of sync. Camshaft sensor is "in sync."

Connected my lab scope to the crankshaft sensor signal wire directly at the sensor, and went for a drive. Signal looks good with no drop outs.

Also performed a cam/crank relearn procedure with no change.

Question: Has solved this type of problem before? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mark
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by SK.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #57493 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2012 Jeep Compass
So to be clear, the only issue is one of the crankshaft PIDs? Would you be able to take a screenshot of the data you're seeing?

A '12 Compass that runs and drives fine? :silly: I think you're doing pretty well right there.

More
1 year 9 months ago #57497 by SK
Replied by SK on topic 2012 Jeep Compass
Well, the customer brought it to me because of a hesitation problem. The Compass has a CVT transmission that was replaced about 4 years ago.

I duplicated the hesitation on a test drive, but there were not DTCs in active memory, but when I selected "Event Data", I pulled a P0777 and a p0602 for the transmission.

I also looked at live data, fuel trims, O2 sensor data etc. Everything looked good, but the crankshaft sync state was "out of sync." Again, no DTC in memory for the crankshaft sensor.

The P0602 relates to a software update that was interrupted, so she will need to see the local Chrysler dealer about finishing the update to the CVT software.

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds