Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

FIXED Corvette 2015 automatic transmission withe engine 6.2

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #57344 by Bruteza
We replaced the torque tube with my dad on this corvette and after we finished we went to turn it on and it does not want to crank at all. It is my first day on scanner danner and We don’t know where to start. It was turning on and off before replacing that.
1) We tested the battery and it is good.
If you have any good ideas lmk cuz i really need to fix this. Thank you!
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Bruteza.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #57347 by Cheryl
What’s a torque tube? Does the gear shift indicator show what gear the shifter is in?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bruteza

More
1 year 9 months ago #57348 by VegasJAK
The cover around the driveshaft from the bell to the transaxle. Chevy calls it a Torque Tube... In 62, Pontiac used a "Rope Drive" on the Tempest, fore runner to the GTO. A flexible driveshaft contained in a tube. Was done to eliminate the driveshaft hump. John DeLorean's idea that flopped.:blink:

"an open mind let's knowledge flow in and wisdom flow out for a man who has neither never listens to those who have both".
Being wrong doesn't bother me, it's being right and not understanding why that does

More
1 year 9 months ago #57349 by VegasJAK
I hope that was a carbon fiber tube to make the replacement worth removing the tube to begin with... have not done it, just general reading on the procedure. Hope you had help and a lift. Hate to say it but, you missed a connector or did not get one connected all the way.:S

"an open mind let's knowledge flow in and wisdom flow out for a man who has neither never listens to those who have both".
Being wrong doesn't bother me, it's being right and not understanding why that does

More
1 year 9 months ago #57405 by Bruteza
Hey guys we found out what the problem was. It ended up being the shifter cable that was connected to the transmission. Basically the shifter was connected when the transmission was in drive so the car of course would not start no matter what.
Thanks for your help and hope to keep our goals going.

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds