Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2008 chevrolet implala LT 3.5 emission code po446

More
1 year 9 months ago #57343 by jrs
Repeated po446 issue
Another shop replaced purge valve and vent valve with filter
I tested both these parts with smoke machine they test normal and function when commanded by scan tool
Smoke tested tank with through vent hose connection it holds, and pressure transducer increases as tank fills with smoke. removing smoke machine from tank with vent hose open there is a slow decay of pressure sensor reading down to 1.45v. I can physically blow in vent hose with cap off and it is restricted, don't know if that's normal or not. It fails service bay test of evap system
I'm suspecting a restricted canister. I cannot find info on how open the vent line from tank to canister vent valve should be normally
Ideas on checkout would be appreciatted
Guy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #57353 by VegasJAK
Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor... voltage at no vacuum or pressure should be 1.5v. Lower voltage equals high vacuum/pressure. You're at 1.45v so sensor is registering vacuum/pressure. Run the car, command the purge to 50% with the vent command closed. Watch the fuel tank pressure mmhg and fuel tank pressure voltage. Voltage should increase and vacuum decrease. Stop the purge command keep vent closed. Open gas cap, should hear vacuum escape. FTP voltage should drop to 1.5v and FTP mmhg should drop near 0.

"an open mind let's knowledge flow in and wisdom flow out for a man who has neither never listens to those who have both".
Being wrong doesn't bother me, it's being right and not understanding why that does
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds