Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2012 Elantra shutting down

More
1 year 9 months ago #57116 by 29x
I have a 2012 Elantra keyless and it runs great. At times while driving the car will shut down The instrument cluster too, the radio still plays. At times it will start right back up. No check engine light just airbag and tps warning light. Put new battery in key and when we did a key out light came on and went out when battery was in place the car started and ran great then shut down again 20 miles later the last shutdown, car was towed. With car in park foot on break & push start button the relay clicks in fuse box but no start and no instrument lights except airbag and tps these lights have been on for months and ran fine this shutting started last month never any issues prayer only owner. Anyones help would be deeply appreciated and thank you Art

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 year 9 months ago #57121 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 2012 Elantra shutting down
Hey Art.
I saw one of these last year. Customer complaint was "loss of power". I went looking for low engine power, and didn't find it. When it returned and the "loss of power" symptom presented itself as you describe it, I discovered one of the battery terminals was loose. Tightened it up and never saw it again. Hopefully yours is that simple!

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: 29x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds