Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

CRANK NO START 2001 RAM 1500 5.9 V8 GAS VIN Z

More
1 year 9 months ago #57026 by BRAD70
HELLO SOME DIRECTION HERE WOULD BE GREAT. 2001 DODGE RAM 1500!! THIS TRUCK HAS NO INJECTOR PULSE. CRANK NO START. A little back ground! This truck has been pasted around. It's had 3 ECM two used and one reman from dealer. Customer states automatic transmission was replaced with one from a 2500 truck. Could this be the problem? wrong program in ecm? I will attempt to post attachments scan data and cmp ckp scope. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #57027 by BRAD70
Had p1388 , p0753 and p0123 when i first looked at truck.

More
1 year 9 months ago #57126 by BRAD70
Sorry about the delay was working my weekend job the past 3 days. Coils will fire just no injector pulse. I have square wave on signal wire leaving cmp and at ecm. looks to me like bad drivers in ecm. but i think it's odd none of the injectors will fire. Drivers are controlled individually.Generally i would call the ecm as bad BUT OWNER SAYS THIS IS IT'S 4TH ECM 3 USED AND 1 REMAN FROM DEALER!!!

More
1 year 9 months ago #57130 by juergen.scholl
It may be an immobilizer issue, especially as you mention pcm swaps.....Chrysler/Dodge of this vintage will inhibit injector pulses when the immo system sees a problem. Does the car feature a "grey" key?

Try to start the car with an external fuel source like brake cleaner. Keep it running that way for 15 to 30 seconds if it fires up that way. After this period of time the engine will keep running on its own as the injectors now will fire normally. The engine will also restart after shut down, no problem.

BUT: once you disconnect the battery the no start scenario will repeat itself and you would have to go through the aforementioned procedure again. The correct repair in this case will be the programming of the immobilizer function.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monde, BRAD70

More
1 year 9 months ago #57138 by BRAD70
Thanks Monde I have coil spark and control. just no injector signal. when i turn key to on i have power on testlight at positive wire on coil and while cranking. also have fuel pump prime and while cranking.

More
1 year 9 months ago #57139 by BRAD70
Hello Juergen It has a black key don't think it has immobilizer. It will run when i add a fuel source. It dosen't look like injectors will fire at all. Even with codes cleared and on initial cranking. That's good info on restart after adding fuel source. I am leaning hard towards ecm with bad drivers or jacked up programming. Tested powers and grounds at ecm. (loaded) cam and crank look good to me on scanner and scoped. Any suggestions on testing before I put the 4th ecm in this truck. Will be my first lol.

More
1 year 9 months ago #57145 by BRAD70
Hello Monde This truck does not have security / immobilizer. black key / no dash light.

More
1 year 9 months ago #57158 by BRAD70
Thanks for your help Monde I replaced ecm with a used one. Forth one that has been in this truck. Truck runs great now started right up. Thanks again for your help.

More
1 year 9 months ago #57159 by BRAD70
Thanks again for your help Juergen. I ended up sourcing a used ecm. Truck runs great now. It's crazy out here. This truck was on it's 3rd ecm before i showed up.

More
1 year 9 months ago #57185 by Cheryl
Was going to tell you to look at the tps make sure it wasn’t reading 100% and put it in clear flood mode
The following user(s) said Thank You: BRAD70

More
1 year 9 months ago #57188 by BRAD70
yes i checked data pid on scan tool and if my memory serves me right it was showing a smooth transition from a few percent to 98% and i also scoped the signal wires. I appreciate your input. I need to figure out how to post attachments on here. I use snap-on scanner and scope.

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds