Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

GMC Topkick

More
1 year 9 months ago #56851 by tate.murphy
GMC Topkick was created by tate.murphy
Hello ScannerDanner,

We have a 2008 gmc topkick c6500 with the izuzu 7.8L engine. We’re having a problem with it going down the road. Revs up fine, as soon as you put it in drive and start to go, it feels like it’s in reduced power but it’s not. Having trouble finding any info on this vehicle. Where would i start. I’ve had it looked at at 2 different shops, replaced all fuel filters and put a throttle body on it but still the same issue. Scan tool has very limited access to data. Where do i start?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #56856 by LewisWorks
Replied by LewisWorks on topic GMC Topkick
Great to see another Kodiak/Topkick guy on here. No doubt that’s a pretty rare unit you have. I’ve got a couple quick questions. I assume this is the 7.8 Duramax if so can you clarify what you mean by throttle body? Does it have a 2000 series Allison? If that unit has a problem it defaults to 3rd gear which makes it super slow getting the truck moving. Looking forward to watching your thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds