Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Crank sensor p0335 2007 toyota 4runner constant on start up

More
1 year 9 months ago #56827 by mallen1
I'm new here and look forward to any help that might be suggested on this vehicle. The vehicle has had a history of p0335 crank sensor a circuit before it was brought to me. Another shop thought they could remedy the problem by replacing the timing set, tensioners, vvt sprockets, cam sensors and crank sensor. Those parts did not fix the problem.When the vehicle came to me i first checked the wiring going to the crank sensor, which had around .7 ohm on each wire, and checking for a short to ground had high resistance. I checked the resistance of the crank sensor and it fell in spec at 2136 ohms. Ive hooked my lab scope back probing at the ecm and can never see the signal dropping out or be erratic, with it cranking or running. The reference waveform im given looks identical to what im seeing on the car. I also have checked the alternator to see if i had a possible ac interference issue, and find no issues with it. As a last resort i replaced the aftermarket crank sensor with an oem toyota sensor. Before the fault code was intermittent, now its consistent with that change when you start the vehicle. It always throw the code on start up and has no drivability problems. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #56844 by juergen.scholl
I understand that the car starts, right?

There were cars that would throw this code when scanned with KOEO. Does the code come back while KOER after clearing it with the engine running?

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by juergen.scholl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 year 9 months ago #56863 by Noah
Any tapping or knocking noises coming from around the balancer area? I've seen a couple V6 Toyota engines set crank sensor codes after timing belt replacement due to an under torqued balancer bolt.
That bolt also holds the cog for the timing belt on the crank shaft and the trigger wheel for the crank sensor pick up. If improperly torqued, it can eat the key way slot on the timing cog and end up setting ckp codes, misfire codes among other things. In the instances I have seen, codes had set before it starts making noise.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 year 9 months ago #56864 by Noah
I knew I had picture...

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds