Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Cobra Kit Pro-M EFI Lean Codes

More
1 year 9 months ago #56802 by Cobra1365
Hi Folks!

I have a Factory Five Roadster with a ‘90 Ford 302 (5.0) E-Cam, 30lb injectors, Edlebrock Heads Running the Pro-M EFI setup. O2 Sensors are Innovate LC-2 with individual controllers.

I’ve been throwing P2195/2197 codes and am not sure where to go to trouble shoot.

I’ve done a vacuum leak check using a smoke tester and found nothing.
All O2 sensor parameters set per the Pro-M guide.
No error codes on the Sensor controllers.

MAF sits under an oval air filter. So, no intake tube to spray propane thru.

Any guidance would be appreciated! I have limited fuel injection programming experience (read that as none!) so, I bought the Pro-M as it was supposed to be a self learning system…I didn’t know that meant I was going to learn by myself!!!

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 year 8 months ago #56894 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Cobra Kit Pro-M EFI Lean Codes
This might be a stupid question, i have very little stand alone fuel management experience, but if the oxygen sensors have independent controllers, are they reporting to the ECU?

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
1 year 8 months ago #56895 by Cobra1365
Yes, they’re integrated with the ECM.

Ran a system recording yesterday. UEGO volts never went below ~1 volt and as high as 4.75 (Fault setting). Lambda readouts ranged from .8 to 1.5 with .8 being majority. So, just based on O2 sensors, it looks like it’s running rich, hence “stuck lean” codes.
MAF readings looked to be approx 5-7lbs per min throughout the run.

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #56898 by guafa
Hi there, I have some experience at programming "go efi" and "holley" systems.

1. Both systems i know (i'm guessing Pro-M also) allow you to disable or not that "self learning" mode. You should check whether or not that mode is enable.

2. Are you having stalling/idling issues?

3. Are you having acceleration issues?

4. I'd say lambda at .8 is too rich. The point here is maybe those numbers appear when engine is going to stall and the ecm uses an enrichment strategy to avoid it. Can you read AFR target?

5. It would be great a video of PID's to get the whole picture.
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by guafa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
1 year 8 months ago #56903 by Cobra1365
There’s no way to disable the “self learning”.

Car will occasionally stumble when cold as I pull out of driveway. But, gone within a few seconds. The. Runs fine and accelerates/pulls hard. Definitely running rich.

I’ll have to play with the recorded files to see if I can get them to save in a fashion I can upload.

More
1 year 8 months ago #56904 by guafa
You should also try to get from efi manufacturer the flowchart for those codes.

*Are those codes being set at idle?
*Is that system able to record a freeze frame data for those codes?
*How accurate is idle rpm?

Until now i have the idea is running rich but setting lean codes (you need to find out the exact moment the codes are set to have a clue)

More
1 year 7 months ago #57705 by Cobra1365
Sorry….been out of town and engaged in other home items.

Working with another guy that had similar problems with his set up, he traced it to the Innovate O2 setup. He replaced them with the Zeitronix ZT4s and it’s been running fine.
So, I’ve ordered some and they’ll be here tomorrow. Hopefully, that’s all it’s been this whole time!

In the mean time, I relocated my battery to allow for shorter cable runs and better grounds.
Verified no vacuum leaks
Verified fuel pressure
Cleaned and regapped plugs
Did a stethoscope check on injectors and all sounded the same

I logged a short run to the end of the street and the attached are the results. The car was at temperature. You’re seeing Bank 1 UEGO overlayed on MAF voltage and Bank 2 UEGO overlayed on MAF voltage. You can see the MAF voltage reflect me go thru the gears as I go to the end of the street and then back again. On bank 1, you see the UEGO remain low then peg, whereas Bank 2 chases the voltage.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds