Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2002 Nissan Pathfinder 3.5 - Loss of spark when starting

More
1 year 9 months ago #56785 by forumoto
This car was towed to me from another shop, first shop got headgasket changed, but car could not start, when I got the car, I tried to start and realized that, there is pre-ignition detonation ( back fire pop corn sound), when engine is being start and I place my palm close to the throttle, I get this spark that pushes my palm back, and the engine does not suck in well,

So I decided to tear down the timing cover to reset the Timing, after opening the cover I realized it had missed 1 teeth from each banks, now got it corrected,

After that - when I start, no more pre-ignition sound, and the compression sucks in this time, but there is this issue-the ignition coil spit fire 2-3 times and then back off, but the injector pulses are constant, during cracking you will see the tachometer nodding it needle too, but yet anytime you tried to start the coil spit fire 2-3 times, sometimes it can spit like 5 times before turning off, no cam/crank code, the only fault code is oxygen sensors

So I will say loss of spark intermittently during starting, because of this engine won’t start, the security is fine, no security lite active.

I have pictures of the two banks cam sprocket timed and photographed..

Help narrow what to look out,

Do you think the timing is not set well, if yes why injectors are flushing constantly or spraying, when I disconnected the REF(crank sensor) injector won’t spray),

When I removed unplugged the Phase sensor (cam), that first 2-3-5 times ignition spark, too won’t come on during cranking, but injector will flush because REF crank sensor is connected, now when I plugged the Phase cam sensor, ignition come on 2-3-5 and cut, please what could be the problem, I need extract advise..

Christ De Way Maker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds