A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

Engine Performance Diagnostic Las Vegas

More
2 years 7 months ago #50863 by VegasJAK
I have been studying with ScannerDanner via his book and videos for years. Anyone in the Las Vegas area doing the same? 
I would like to get together and discuss and diagnose posts from his webpage and any engine problems.

"an open mind let's knowledge flow in and wisdom flow out for a man who has neither never listens to those who have both".
Being wrong doesn't bother me, it's being right and not understanding why that does

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #50932 by Fino
Hello if i am not abusing can you just cast a glance on my topic faulty ignition with my vw bora thanks fino

More
2 years 7 months ago #50936 by VegasJAK
I have heard that the puddle light fuse #14 can blow when taking off the door card and will prevent startup. On a Pasat it's #14 don't know if the same for a Bora.

"an open mind let's knowledge flow in and wisdom flow out for a man who has neither never listens to those who have both".
Being wrong doesn't bother me, it's being right and not understanding why that does
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
2 years 7 months ago #50941 by Fino
Hello thanks for your reply
If you go to my topic faulty ignition fino you will see that on many fuses i have no voltage and my test light do not turn on
All my fuse are ok where the fuses have no voltage their are no voltage on the fuse box also ,
Very often with the key on , the central lock turns on and off
Today the radiator fan turns on for few second when i was disconnecting the battery
thank you very much again for ypur reply ,

More
2 years 7 months ago #50943 by VegasJAK
You said that the problem started after working on the driver door. You opened the door panel. What work did you do inside the door?
Just to make sure I understand right, the car started and drove prior to working on the door.

More
2 years 7 months ago #50944 by Fino
Hye only to check if all the wire was being well connected because i was having difficulties to close the door with my key from outside ,
I had to push all the button and then close the drivers door,
For opening with the key it was ok,
thanks for the quick reply ,

More
2 years 7 months ago #50954 by VegasJAK
Ok. Good information. Did the car start and run before working on the door?

More
2 years 7 months ago #50966 by Fino
Hello yes the car was running good
Only difficulties with the door , thanks ,

More
2 years 7 months ago #50969 by VegasJAK
I believe you have put the car into anti theft mode. The immobilizer will not allow you to start the engine until the immobilizer is reset. Disconnecting the battery will also activate the immobilizer so you cannot start the car. Here is a procedure to reset. It may work.
Use Your remote key FOB and press the unlock button. Unlock the driver's side door using the key and switch the ignition to the ON position, but don't start the vehicle. If it's still triggered, roll up all the windows and exit the vehicle, then lock the driver's door with the key. Wait for around 15 minutes, and then unlock the driver's door, again, using the proper key. Start the engine within 15 seconds of opening the door.
Because you have a problem with the driver door lock you may need to replace it to fix the problem.

More
2 years 7 months ago #50991 by Fino
Hye thank you very much for your reply ,
Yesterday was a very busy day ,
I shall try it as soon as my battery is fully recharge ,
I have got only one key and it is not the remote one ,
Do you think the battery voltage in between the negative pole of the battery and the floating negative wire of the car make part of the anti theft mode ?
Is the fact that i did not disconnect the battery before working on the door may have the consequence that i have now ?
thanks a lot for sharing your time and knowlegde , I

More
2 years 7 months ago #50994 by VegasJAK
I do not have a wiring diagram for your car to know all connections. When testing wires, the circuits should be tested loaded as well as this way the current level can be checked. A wire can show normal voltage unloaded and still be bad from wear or corrosion. Bad grounds will reek havock on an electrical system. Just disconnecting the battery will set the immobilizer. Working on the door lock system will do the same. The difference in the floating neg wire is probably due to the immobilizer. Once the immobilizer is set you have to clear it using the proper procedure. Not having the FOB is a problem as it is a critical part of resetting the anti theft system. Without the FOB you'll need a scan tool.

More
2 years 7 months ago #51012 by Fino
Hye i have got the Ebook of the bora with the wiring
iI can post it on your mail if you want , just let me know .
thanks

More
2 years 7 months ago #51062 by Fino
Hello i have tried twice time the resetting ,
the car won't start ,
But one thing positive i can now open and close the doors from outside ,
With the floating negative wire my testlight shine everywhere on the engine body and the steering colum also ,
Excuse for my ignorance what do you mean by fob i only see free on board,
thanks

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds