A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

Low Cost Eye Glasses -- for work

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #6509 by Andy.MacFadyen
All my life I have had to wear glasses, in our line of work they have a hard life. For the last three years or so I have been buying my everyday glasses from Hong Kong they are cheap enough they can almost be treated as disposable. The low price means you can always have spares and tinted sun glasses for driving. All you need is your optical prescription and measure the distance between your pupils. A quick Google will turn up a lot of suppliers the one recommended to me in another car forum is www.optical4less.com/ B)

I have no connection with Optical4less them other than as customer, but I can recommend them.
They do all sorts of lenses and frames from $15 upwards but the very cheapest frames tend to be a bit flimsy however the frames that start at $25 or so are better bet. Normal lenses are included in the price but tinting is extra and if you order two or more pairs standard delivery is free.
So far I have place 5 orders with them all were delivered by standard delivery within ten days.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 1 month ago #6512 by Noah
Thanks for the recommendation Andy. I also wear glasses and the sand and debris flying around the junk yard makes short work of them.
I've used a soldering iron and black zip ties to kind of Tig weld them back together more than once.

I fixed a pair of my daughter's glasses like that too, but she refused to wear them after that, lol!

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds