A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

Learning light duty Diesel/education

More
2 years 11 months ago #48073 by John Curtis
I’m wanting to learn light duty Diesel, is there a diesel version of SD? I’m getting pretty good with the power stoke, but really want to invest some time in formal training. Maybe a “diesels for dummy’s” or “diesels for the non-diesel tech”.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #48075 by AJeep18
You said you are ok with Powerstroke, but I know these books have been recommended on here before: atgtraining.com/product-categories/produ...erformance-1998-2003
I believe they have them for the other manufactures as well. For Ford, Diesel Tech Ron has lots of good videos on the older stuff. What specifically are you looking to learn?
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Curtis

More
2 years 11 months ago #48089 by John Curtis
I will check that out. I am not sure what I’m trying to learn because I don’t know what I don’t know, but I feel like I’m at a point where I’m still learning but not learning as much on the typical vehicles I work on anymore and need to continue my self education. I see a ton of electrical, network, and driveability and much of it is following my diagnostic process which is becoming too routine.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds