A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

How to get ASE certified?

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #47851 by Mike T
I was wondering is there a way to get ASE certified with a class of yours or another class on line? I enjoy your classes and I have always hated school lol. I have my own little shop and my uncle has had his own since I was a kid. And we never used scopes and I started using one and found you to learn more. You have impressed me. Is there any test to get certificate for this class too? I would like to get ASE certified just so I can say yes I’m ASE certified any help would be greatly appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #47852 by AJeep18
Replied by AJeep18 on topic How to get ASE certified?
You don't have to take a class to get certified, you just have to go in and pass the test and have valid work experience. Are you talking about a class specifically geared toward getting you ready for the test?

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #47859 by Mike T
Replied by Mike T on topic How to get ASE certified?
Yeah a prep class I guess. And I was wondering if there is a test on line. Or do I have to go take a test

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #47862 by AJeep18
Replied by AJeep18 on topic How to get ASE certified?
AVI has some prep classes but I personally didn’t think they were worth the money. I just used the Delmar study guides (you can find them on Amazon) and took all the practice tests in them. Also there are several sites online with free practice tests too.

No you can not do it online. You have to go in person to a Prometric location and take the test.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike T

More
3 years 1 day ago #48376 by jm_460
Replied by jm_460 on topic How to get ASE certified?
I took the A6 Electrical recently and passed. I've never taken an ASE test before. I bought a Motor Age A6 study guide and took a lot of free online practice questions. I got A LOT of wiring diagrams in the actual test. It was pretty much experience and training that go me through it. Some of the material that I learned from tech school also helped.The study guide did help me get familiar with the testing format, though. If you never went to tech school, I recommend buying a college automotive fundamentals textbook. Tech schools use them. The website smogtechinstitute.com has online practice questions for each ASE test category. 2000 questions are pulled at random every time. You can take it as often as you like for up to 6 months, but each ASE category costs $5. So, if you want 6 months of access to practice questions for A1 Engine Repair and A2 Automatic Transmissions, that's $10. After each test, you can review your results and an explanation is given on every question. It's a legit site. I used it to prepare for my smog certification test. To schedule to take your actual ASE test, you first need to register at ase.com. Once you register, you'll need to pay for the test(s) that you want to take (I paid nearly $80 for just one test). After paying, you'll be allowed to choose a date to take the test(s) at your nearest testing facility. All of that is done from your online ASE account. As far as I know, the tests must be taken in-person. There are no educational requirements to take ASE tests. In fact, pretty much any adult with a valid I.D or driver's license can take them.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds