A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

Brandon Steckler full Class Online 6-22-20

More
3 years 9 months ago #40764 by John Curtis
us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Rc8kwmPSTG24HxkGqEQ54A

Above is a registration link for Brandon Stecklers full Pressure waveform analysis class.

It begins 6-22-20 and will be 4 days of 2 hour classes. Be sure to register!

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, juergen.scholl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 years 9 months ago #40829 by Noah
Thank you for posting that link.
Part one was very well delivered last night, ready for Wednesday!

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
3 years 9 months ago #40833 by juergen.scholl

Noah wrote: Thank you for posting that link.
Part one was very well delivered last night, ready for Wednesday!

Abdolutely true.

Best thing about it: It only will become BETTER!

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
3 years 9 months ago #40842 by John Curtis
Hope we all learn a whole lot with tonight’s class! I had an interesting misfire for me to deal with yesterday.

I did an RC TEST with a sync and an intake pulse because I had low contribution on cylinder 4 on a 4 cylinder engine.
I didn’t see anything that struck me as odd with the intake pulse so I decided to clamp the PCV and check the crank case. The compression loss directly correlated with a pressure spike in the crank case which repeated itself every time. Within 20 minutes, I was able to know with 100% confidence that the customer was needing a new engine. All of this using a $0.50 piezoelectric disc and a couple plumbing fittings. Not having a transducer is a blessing because it’s forcing me to learn this.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #40843 by juergen.scholl
That's quite interesting. Blow by testing in the crank case I've found little conclusive unless it was a really gross fault though.
I take it you checked crank case pressure with the engine running. If so was it already spotable at idle and did it show up worse at higher rpm?

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by juergen.scholl.

More
3 years 9 months ago #40844 by John Curtis
It was indeed running. The problem was a dead miss under all conditions, just didn’t feel quite as bad at higher RPMs. I did not check with a borescope but my theory was a hole in the piston.

I’ve also used the delta sensor on the cooling systems quite a bit and you can see when the water pump functioning with it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: juergen.scholl

More
3 years 9 months ago #40846 by Matt T

John Curtis wrote: I’ve also used the delta sensor on the cooling systems quite a bit and you can see when the water pump functioning with it.

Have you found any pump impeller problems with it?

More
3 years 9 months ago #40848 by John Curtis

Matt T wrote:

John Curtis wrote: I’ve also used the delta sensor on the cooling systems quite a bit and you can see when the water pump functioning with it.

Have you found any pump impeller problems with it?

Not yet! I believe it is possible, but I also think that there’s a real possibility of too much turbulence to really know for sure.

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds