A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

Single Make Forums

More
4 years 2 months ago #36346 by Tutti57
Single Make Forums was created by Tutti57
Good grief. I haven't been actively involved in one in years and since spending all of my forum time here, there is no way to go back.

I recently picked up a versa with a blown trans for $150 and thought is join a forum for fun. Not fun. Total nonsense. One know it all bully just belittling everyone with BS. Most people don't have the basic skill set to even help get information, so it's just the artillery mecca for shotgun diagnostics.

I'm glad to be here.

Nissan Technician

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 2 months ago #36347 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Single Make Forums

Tutti57 wrote:
I recently picked up a versa with a blown trans for $150 and thought is join a forum for fun. Not fun. Total nonsense.

I'm glad to be here.

Nissan Technician

Sounds like a great deal on that Versa!

LMAO! That pretty much sums it up doesn't it?
Single make forums are great for learning how to set the clock and discussing the nuances of different trim levels.

One Google search including the year, make, model and trouble code will drop you deep in parts changer territory! And if you lack experience it may even seem like "Datsun4life" really knows his stuff.

I hate when people bring me their cars with a wheelbarrow full of misinformation and the expectation that I'm going to chase all of the half baked theories they've be reading on "The Forums".
Seriously, I've got this. And if I don't, I'll defer to service information...

Just last week I had a Saturn Vue with an obviously junk transmission. "The Forums" said that the double wall flex pipe breaks inside and contacts "the sensor", that's my car won't drive more than 30mph...
And that I obviously did something to break his transmission because it was fine when he dropped it off...

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tutti57

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #36350 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Single Make Forums
Yeah, SD has kinda screwed up my expectations for forums/communities. THANKS, PAUL.

I hate when people bring me their cars with a wheelbarrow full of misinformation and the expectation that I'm going to chase all of the half baked theories they've be reading on "The Forums".
Seriously, I've got this. And if I don't, I'll defer to service information...

This is why I really value working at a shop with service advisors. They get paid to listen to the owners life story, and I get paid to fix stuff. Everyone wins. :lol:

..."The Forums" said that the double wall flex pipe breaks inside and contacts "the sensor"...

All jokes aside, I'd actually be interested to see that. :ohmy: If it's a real phenomenon.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Tyler.

More
4 years 2 months ago #36352 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:Single Make Forums
Exactly right on all accounts. I felt obligated to speak up for dedicated technicians and this guy went off about how we don't know anything outside of the service manual and how he's been fixing cars for less than $50 total for years and built 800hp drag cars and challenged himself to pass sniffer tests on broken cars, blah blah.

That's the place to go if you want to know the engine series for that model. They make it seem like you don't know anything if you don't know that.

I lasted a week.

Nissan Technician

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #37965 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Single Make Forums
Somehow I missed the start of this thread all 100% right, I think the biggest single difference between a pro and a one make forum is on a one make the advice will go along the lines "It is your xxxxzz" on here and other good forums the answer would be "test your xxxzz and if not test your yyytt"

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds