A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

J2534

More
4 years 4 months ago #35768 by John Curtis
J2534 was created by John Curtis
I'm considering purchasing a J2534 Pass-thru and I'm looking for advice. I see a ton of GM's, Fords and Chryslers.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #35777 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic J2534
Those are my main three manufacturers, as well. I use a Cardaq-M. I have had very little problems with the tool. (I had some problems, recently, with Ford's FJDS v. 114, as did MANY other people.) Any problems I have had with the tool, Drew Technologies Tech support quickly solved. Their tech support is top-notch, in my opinion.

I chose the Cardaq-M because it is modular, and can be upgraded as new technology and protocol comes out. But, I think it has, already, been up-staged by the Cardaq Plus 3. drewtech.com/products/cardaqplus3.html

I can't speak for any other J-boxes, because I haven't used any others.

Something to consider when purchasing is manufacturer VALIDATION.
While all J-boxes should work with all Manufacturers, Manufacturers WILL NOT give tech support if you are using a J-box that they have not validated. If you have a problem, you are on your own. I learned that the hard way.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Chad.

More
4 years 1 month ago #38302 by Nelson60
Replied by Nelson60 on topic J2534
We use the Autel J2534 pass thru in the shop on occasion and it has never let us down. While some may look down upon this tool as being unapproved, I would like to point out that Nissan has the Autel J2534 listed as a validated tool they recognize.

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds