A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

2014 F150 5.0L Ignition waveforms at idle

More
7 years 3 months ago #4273 by nick.elias
Was farting around on my truck the other day and took some known good waveforms of my 2014 F150 with 5.0L engine.

Primary Current ramp: hooked up the pico device to the ignition fuse and measured from the fuse box

Used the Pico Wyes Probe on COP:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #4281 by Tyler
I like that primary waveform B) It even catches the turn-on oscillations at the second ignition strike.

Do you have the .psdata file for that secondary capture? I'd love to have a closer look, as I'm interested in a COP probe that more capable than the AESWave paddle probe set I have currently.

More
7 years 3 months ago #4285 by nick.elias
yup no problem. im just having some diffculty uploading as a post. any pointers?

More
7 years 3 months ago #4317 by Tyler
Ah yeah, I see what you mean, just tried it myself :blink: Sorry sir, I though we'd successfully uploaded PSdata files before...

Would you mind e-mailing me? wrenchturnsyou@gmail.com

More
7 years 3 months ago #4319 by nick.elias
boom! check your email. also included some 2016 Toyota camry waveforms. it was my sisters camry. The secondary waveform was weird. I wonder if the setup needed to be tweaked. also when I did snap throttle the secondary waveform stayed exact. only the frequency went up. The burn time etc never changed.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds