A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

ASE App

• Noah
  • Noah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 8 months ago #32417 by Noah
ASE App was created by Noah
Has anyone used the ASE app yet to stay on top of their recertification? Supposedly you just answer a handful of questions over the course of the year and to don't have to go to a testing center to renew your certification. My A6 expires this winter and I was thinking about trying the app but would like to hear of anyone experience using it.
Thanks!
Noah

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #33646 by Jostr
Replied by Jostr on topic ASE App
I'm curious about that also.

More
4 years 7 months ago #33740 by Andy_
Replied by Andy_ on topic ASE App
I've been using it. You answer one question every month for each certification that you are renewing.

The questions are the typical ASE questions just like you'd expect.

I actually thought about not doing the ASE tests anymore and now that they do testing in the middle of the day, it became pretty much impossible to leave the shop to go recertify. I just don't get anything out of them. My last two expired in June of this year. I decided to try the app. After I answer 8 of them, my certification will renew is how I understand it, not sure for how long it recertifies you. I think you have to keep answering questions, it doesn't give you 5 years like taking the actual test does.

That's about all I can tell you. There haven't been any big surprises or anything, but if you have a question I will try to answer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
4 years 1 week ago #39111 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:ASE App
I got an email about it and saw they are offering some recert extensions if you sign up now. How much is it? Maybe I can get work to pay for it.

Nissan Technician

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds