A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

Odometer rests to 0

More
4 years 9 months ago #31905 by Mike0311
Odometer rests to 0 was created by Mike0311
I bought a Buick rendezvous and I'm rebuilding it from.the heads up. Well before I started to even take it apart I had to replace the battery due to it being dead. When I put the new one in the odometer set its self back to 0. I know the miles on it because it did display before I changed the battery. Nor sure how to fix this issue or even what happened. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31907 by PDM
Replied by PDM on topic Re:Odometer rests to 0
Is that even possible?

Dumb question, but are you sure it’s not the trip info?

More
4 years 9 months ago #31908 by Mike0311
Replied by Mike0311 on topic Re:Odometer rests to 0
Yeah. My trip says (0.0 trip) the odometer just says 0. I've tried to figure it out and I get nothing. I work at a parts store looked it up found nothing asked some of the guys that work at the local shops and there all baffled. Only thing I've read is the pcm reset to fresh somehow bit don't know how.

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #31916 by Andy.MacFadyen
From.what I gather from the net (!!!???) the mileage is only held in the cluster on these -- but a battery disconnect shouldn't wipe the mileage,. I am wondering if there is a CMOS memory saver battery in the cluster.

The only vehicles I have seen anything similar on were BMW which have the mileage stored in multiple modules

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31920 by PDM
Replied by PDM on topic Re:Odometer rests to 0
Yes, mileage is stored in the cluster but they don't have a battery. A lot of people have tried over the years to reset these clusters to no avail. I'll pass this on to the GM folks I know

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds