A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

dash cams

More
7 years 4 months ago #4201 by tony.redolfi
dash cams was created by tony.redolfi
just wondering if anyone knows a good camera system for a car, I would like to get video as I drive and also want video and audio for the interior pointed at the driver for police interactions.

I googled some things but could not find anything to record audio as well, any ideas? thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #4224 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic dash cams
I've heard of techs using GoPro cameras for this sort of thing, but you'd need two to get both a view ahead, and of the driver at the same time.

There's also this one that I've seen pop up before:

www.topdawgelectronics.com/eagleeye-1080...es-g-sensor-8-gb-sd/

More
7 years 4 months ago #4231 by tony.redolfi
Replied by tony.redolfi on topic dash cams
I like that one in the link,, it has audio,, I was on some sites the other day and they had a few that sold for around 200 but no audio.

actually that's all I need now that I think about it.

thanks for the link,, I'm going to order one, tony

More
7 years 4 months ago #4235 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic dash cams
No problem, please let me know what you think of it! I've thought about getting something like this before, or possibly rigging my phone up to do something similar.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #8836 by moggie4312
Replied by moggie4312 on topic dash cams
I really like the Street Guardian. Not very visible, Has replay screen, Filter, No battery just a capacitor. Removable SD card, comes with all kinds of accessories. Reason I bought it bc its designed for the hotter climate of Australia.

More
6 years 6 months ago #14492 by EricGoodrich
Replied by EricGoodrich on topic dash cams
I downloaded an app for my smartphone called Autogaurd from the Google play store. It allows my phone to be used as a dash cam. Really convenient. No extra equipment. Can save, edit, share videos quickly. All I needed was a phone holder and I was ready to go. Also, the app has different recording options. One of which is to record in a loop, dumping unsaved video to prevent filling up the phone memory.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
6 years 4 months ago #15865 by arbez
Replied by arbez on topic dash cams
I use my Mobius cameras ( www.mobius-actioncam.com/ ) for dash cams. I have 1 in each vehicle. They are small enough not to attract attention & take great video. No playback screen, but with the OTG cable, you can view video on your android phone. The optional capacitor allows it to function in the hottest environment. Very high tech camera & the software allows for almost infinite adjustments. I have been using them for years & haven't had a single issue. Highly recommended.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds